Paper Issues - Mix It Up Monday

11:00

Hi everyone! It's time for a new Mix It Up Monday challenge on the Paper Issues blog!

Got salt?

Grab your watercolours and paint away. Add some salt and let it dry. Shake off the salt and see what appears!

I decided to go with subtle since I've never used this technique and wasn't sure how it would turn out.

 I used watercolour card for my background, and made a soft, delicate wash of light green, which I then dabbed with some scrunched up tissue paper to give a subtle effect. 
I sprinkled it with my Very Best Himalayan Rock salt (lol!) and left to dry. The effect was quite faint and subtle but I liked it.

I used Pink Paislee Oh My Heart collection, and a FREE Paper Issues cut file. And the cutest picture of my youngest son on Comic Relief day with his red nose on!


Do have a go at this fun technique and share your new projects on the Paper Issues facebook group!

You Might Also Like

0 comments