Paper Issues - Mix It Up Monday

11:00

Hey guys! Over on the Paper Issues blog today it's time for a brand new Mix It Up Monday!

This months challenge is to create texture on your project by using some sort of wet media. Options might be: texture paste, acrylic paint, gesso, or gel medium. Use stencils, fabric, stamps, cloth, or even wood veneer to create a texture type pattern on the project.

I'm not a massive fan of wet media because I'm too lazy to prime my cardstock so it always warps! So I decided to use Tim Holtz Distress Ink sponged through a stencil, with white texture mousse applied through the same stencil on top of areas of the distress ink.

This turned out really well and the mousse is light enough not to warp the card. I added some more interest by ripping 3 areas and backing them with a coordinating paper.

I then used Shimelle's Little by Little collection to matt my photo and embellish my page, and Dear Lizzy thickers for my title. 

I enjoyed the challenge of using wet media for once, I think I may use it more often!


Head over to the Paper Issues facebook group to join in with this months challenge!

You Might Also Like

0 comments