Paper Issues - Mix It Up Monday

11:00

Hey everyone! Today I have a layout on the Paper Issues blog for Mix It Up Monday. February's challenge is to use embossing powder on your page. 

I have to admit, I'm not that great with embossing powder so I kept it fairly minimal. I did like the way it turned out though. 

To start with I used a Just Nick cut file and converted it to a stitching template. I then hand stitched it with pinks, green, and black, to match the Crate Paper Heart Day collection I used.

When my stitching was complete, I ran the edges of my page through my Versamark Pad and embossed with black powder. I like the effect this gives, as its subtle but makes the page stand out more. I also half embossed the wooden XO piece.
I love the photo I used of me and my 3 children, it's one of my favourites.
I used Heart Day papers to back my photo, and fussy cut the flowers from one of the papers.
Then I added some wooden hearts from my stash, and a flair from Cuts2luv
I wanted to keep the embellishments to a minimum in order to showcase the stitched title. 



I do hope you'll join in this challenge over on the Paper Issues Facebook group. Share your layouts and you can be in with a chance of winning a Paper Issues voucher!

You Might Also Like

0 comments